Pushchairs don't always come with accessories and there are lots of items you can buy to add on to your buggy. Some are essential, such as a raincover to stop your baby getting wet in inevitable rainy showers, and some are not essential, like cup holders, but can make mummies lives a little bit easier when they're trying to juggle carrying coffee and pushing the pram!
what will I need for the ideal pushchair?
What you buy for your pushchair really depends on you and your baby's needs and where you live. For example, if you plan to adventure outdoors with your baby a lot, buying a footmuff may be a good idea, but if you live in a city you may not need one. You don't have to buy everything in one go – it may be a good idea to use the buggy for a bit and then work out which extras you might want to buy.
- Pushchair or pram (dependant on your child's age)
- Optional carry cot
- Compatible infant carrier (Car Seat)
- Pushchair liner
- Raincover/Mothercare Weathershield™ (often included in the price of your pushchair)
- Parasol or canopy
- Cosytoes or footmuff for colder weather
- Change bag or rucksack for carrying baby essentials
nice to have ...
- Stroller blanket
- Clip on toys and books
- Clip-on cup holder
- Buggy boards (for toddlers to ride on, while you push the baby)
- Pram clips (to hang bags from)
There are always things to consider when choosing your pushchair, so read our guide to choosing the right pram or pushchair for your lifestyle.